Tuesday, September 04, 2007

MOI AM YOUR "HOSPITABLE RAPSODA"!

It's still early days for The Light...'s distribution, which also means that I can so far track where it's flown, to wit: 22 states in the U.S., the Philippines, South Korea, Finland, Mexico, England, Bahrain, Australia, France and Canada. Nifty!

And I thank you all for your early responses, backchanneled or blogged. But I must specifically saY: Gracias Ernesto for your poem which I replicate below because my blog is my file cabinet!

The Light Sings

September 3rd, 2007
Today the postman
brought me The Light:
it is not
about beginnings
or endings,
but about
the very intercourse of daily life;
a book of songs sang
not by a lonely singer,
but by a hospitable rápsoda,
illuminated & enlightened
who knows poetry
is in fact the house of beings.

As you probably know or heard before
The light can almost be blinding in its beauty.

******

I hope we can all share The Light together at a reading and book launch in New York City in two weeks! Check the sidebar for details of the gigs at Cornelia Street Cafe and Poets House!

Labels: ,